Quantity of serves: 2
Description of the dish: Cacio e Pepe is a classic Roman pasta dish that translates to “cheese and pepper.” The dish is made with simple ingredients, including spaghetti, Pecorino Romano cheese, black pepper, and butter, which come together to create a rich and satisfying meal.
Recommended occasions to prepare it: Perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, or as a comforting meal on a cold night.
10 oz Amber Farms spaghetti
1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Cook the Amber Farms spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water and drain the rest.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the black pepper to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet and toss to coat the pasta with the butter and black pepper.
- Add the grated Pecorino Romano cheese to the skillet and toss to combine. If the sauce is too thick, add some of the reserved pasta cooking water to thin it out.
- Serve the Cacio e Pepe with extra grated Pecorino Romano cheese on top.
- Use high-quality Pecorino Romano cheese for the best flavor.
- For a variation, add cooked bacon or pancetta to the dish.
- If you don’t have Pecorino Romano cheese, you can substitute it with Parmesan cheese.
- Reserve more pasta water than you think you’ll need, as it’s essential for creating the creamy sauce.
- Serve with a side of garlic bread and a simple salad for a complete meal.